|Chapter History |
The Eunice Dennie Burr Chapter of the DAR is situated in the Old Academy. The Old Academy was built in 1804 with the help of Eunice Dennie Burr. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Fairfield’s Historic District by the Town Hall Green. It gives us ample opportunity to meet the Objects of the Society to” perpetuate the memory and spirit of the men and women who achieved American Independence: to promote the development of an enlightened public opinion and to foster patriotic citizenship.” For over a hundred years The Chapter has taken great pride in preserving our heritage through education, preservation and patriotism.